Sunday, March 4, 2018

Worldwide New Issues Late January 2018 Additions - Part I

And I am back, slowly recovering from transplant surgery.  Still have to take things easy, which means limiting my time in front of my desktop PC so as not to overstrain things internally.  But I can spend some time each day in my "man loft" where my computer and stamp collection are, so slowly but surely I am catching up on things :) 

This next series of posts will catch up on issues released in January 2018 that came to my attention after the end of January.  Some postal administrations are very good with providing new issue info. Others....not so much, and you only discover new issues have been released when someone offers them for sale on Delcampe or other online retailers.

One new element I am going to add to each nation's listing is the current exchange rate to US dollars of the local currency.  This will give readers an appoximate idea of the face value of each issue, so that if they go into the marketplace to look for an issue, they can judge if the markup a dealer has for the item is moderate or steep or just ridiculous. Info is derived from Xe.com

So to start off, a plethora of new releases from Azerbaijan. These were planned for release in late 2017 but apparently Azermarka held back to the start of the new year to release these.

AZERBAIJAN
(US$1 = Az₼ 1.70)
all released some time in January 2018


Azerbaijan : Land of Religious Diversity and Tolerance


Miniatures inspired by the poetry of Nizami Ganjavi


Traditional Carpets



Traditional Jewelry



Traditional Copperware


Traditional Musical Instruments






Traditional Architecture in Azerbaijan






Modern Architecture in Azerbaijan


Sports & Stadiums


Azerbaijan Landscapes from the Air



Azerbaijani Cuisine


Part II to follow.   Comments, questions, lemme know what you think!



No comments:

Post a Comment