Saturday, February 10, 2018

Will be a bit of delay - had my liver transplant this week!

Got the call Weds early AM that they had found donor, had the transplant Weds late afternoon, and it's been successful.  Docs think I will be able to go home mid-next week,  so I will be back posting hopefully late next week.  All the signs are good formy body adapting new liver, and I already feel much more energetic than before surgery. Even the docs are slightly surprised by how smoothly things have gone.

7 comments:

  1. I wish you health. Speedy recovery!
    Cătălin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks things are looking very positive right now.

      Delete
  2. Amazing. When I went to medical school,a liver transplant was very cutting edge/ experimental. Now it is somewhat routine. Best of luck with the procedure, Gene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jim I had the operation on the 7th and yesterday the 15th I was discharged to continue recovery at home. Was less than 24 hrs in ICU post-op. My body has taken to the new liver like a duck to water, only issue i have ATM is fluid buildup is taking its own sweet time to work down, but otherwise the transplant has been a success beyond what i or my docs expected. I have definitely had a very fortunate outcome so far, and still have 5 months sick leave time to complete recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Gene... Like I wrote on my email few days back, great to notice you are up & running so soon. It is amazing & uncanny - you are one real world superhero (and pardon the pun with my choice of Marvel-lous words to describe your recovery) .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi K. Like i said I have just been very lucky in how this has all gone. Still a long road to recovery the next few months hopefully the will go as well as the past ten days have.

      Delete
  5. wish you speedy and complete recovery Gene !

    ReplyDelete